Sunday, March 16, 2008

Feel apathy about His ministry?

This week is better than last week, not so late. Thanks God!
Today's title, "How to be a passionate Church?" Pastor Eddie took Revelation 3:14-22 as references. This is not something special, the topic wasn't new to me, and I believe that it is very popular among the Christian community. But why? What is happening in the churches today? It is very familiar to hear about the topic. Is it good enough to become a neither hot or cold Christian? God is about to split it out from His mouth. That's so bad to be so called "lukewarm" Christian.

Lukewarmness = Apathy

Character(s) of apathetic Christian,
1. neglect
2. over-exposure
3. self-sufficiency

But Christ Jesus the Lord, gives advices to the apathetic Christian and church on how to renew our passion, they are:
1. Purchase God's Golden faith. I Peter 1:7-9
2. Clothe yourself (not in your own self-sufficiency) but in righteousness. Rev. 3:18
3. See yourself with eyes of truth. Rev. 3:18

I just think that, when hear of the message, it's good, very well in talk, however, indeed, action is more important than that, God's people really need to react to HIM. Otherwise, people come in and go away, it just like a round trip. And it's like what the pastor said, "come to church to warm up the seat, then, go."

Just ask myself, "Do I ashame to tell of His story?" "Do I hear His words with apathy?" How do I not know what is happening then! "How can I feel apathy about His message?"
Seeking the path to take part and be involved in His ministry... O Lord, that is. Lord, have your way in me. ...

Life is busy, but I cannot live without Jesus.

No comments: