Monday, September 22, 2008

Harvest Of The Field









Harvest Of The Field
Words by Barbara Tipper. Music by Ng Wah Lok
WINNER OF AUSTRALIAN SONGWRITING AWARD 2004 FOR BEST HYMN.


Chorus
Harvest of the field
Your flesh for me did yield
Red fruit of the vine was spilled,
To make salvation mine
Harvest of the field
Your flesh for me did yield
Red fruit of the vine,
Your blood, made salvation mine

Verse 1
A grain of wheat was dropped on the earth
Was buried, sprouted and gave birth
A great harvest, the yield was threshed
Reminds me of Your beaten flesh.
The grains were rolled and crushed and so
The flour was moulded into dough,
Given the yeast, the bread was raised.
Reminds me how you conquered the grave

Verse 2
A tiny seed, became a vine
Which gave plump fruit in its right time.
But the fruit was trampled, bruised and tossed.
Reminds me of your rugged cross.
So the juice is placed, where Your people dine.
We break the bread and we sip the wine.
The cup overflows with a wine-stained flood.
Reminds me of Your precious blood.

Bridge
I’m sorry Lord, you had to die for me
Bore all my grief upon that tree
Forgive my sins and set me free

No comments: