Sunday, August 17, 2008

Why did Jesus come?

This is the Choir from Kowloon City Baptist Church, Hong Kong, namely 城欣樂團, wow... English hymns, Chinese hymns... they sang and performed very well!! Praise the Lord!

We have Dr. and Mrs Mark Terry with us this morning, He is from Malaysia Baptist Seminary. The topic he shared this morning was, Why did Jesus come? (John 1:14:18)
A very familiar topic I ever heard of. I think, it has been a long time already, and now is the time to refresh myself. "Why did Jesus come?"
3 reasons:
1. Jesus came to reveal God to mankind.
2. Jesus came to give us grace.
3. Jesus came to lead us to glory.

And again, "His mercies are new every morning!" this is something sound like God keeps reminding me from time to time recently... I've heard this written in a song, in the DVD video,Beth Moore's talk, and again this morning... Dr Mark Terry mentioned it again in his message. I paused... I've this words in mind, I think that God is calling me for the quiet time every morning. Isn't it? We shouldn't overlook bible by just only reading those devotional materials. God's word is the bread of my life.

No comments: