Sunday, February 24, 2008

How should we respond to marketplace injustice?

I was late this morning. But it was still okay. The time I reached church, it was still praise and worship session, sing praise to Him...
Well, I just think message of this morning to good for me, " How should we respond to marketplace injustice? " , and the verses take for reference were from 1 Peter 2:18-25.
Several questions were given,
"Do you have a boss, one who is hash, critical, ungrateful, and yet who has been placed in authority over you?"
"How Christian should respond under a cruel unjust government?"
"How should Christian slaves respond toward their Christian master?"
And Pastor said, In Christ there is neither slave nor free man. As for me, I do agree this.

We can resign to go find someplace else to work. However, is this what the Lord wants us to do? Pastor mentioned that our Lord don't want us to run away from our difficulty, but face it.
"God can do something in your workplace which is much greater than you realize."
Do really I believe this? Perhaps, yes. but my faith is just established not firm enough.
How we Christian should respond?
The answer can be seen in the 1 Peter 2:18-25.
First, Submit with all respect. (1 Peter 2:18-20)
Second, Submit because of whom we are serving. (1 Peter 2:21-25)

I think God is answering me again, work is tough and hard, there are a lot of injustice hidden or unhidden. And all these, many times just made me unhappy and very down, but all these days, I am telling myself that I am not the serving the flesh one, but the one seated on the Highest Place - my Holy GOD. He only is my Boss. We shouldn't argue or strike hard to fight for the unjust from time to time. There is no fair in this world, I agree and believe, I agree what the Pastor said this morning. We should do something that find favor with our God.
A question to think,
"Do you go to work with the attitude that you are going to work to serve God?"


Thanks God! I finally purchased a backup hard disk for myself, it is a external hard drive, WD (Western Digital) Passport, 120GB, costs me $255.00 bucks. Now I can enjoy backup my photos taken from my digital camera, and free up the size of my current hard drive. :)

Tomorrow morning need to wake up early again for attending the new system training of the company. ... tired.. tired...

No comments: