Saturday, June 7, 2008

They shall never enter my rest

Holiday... and it passed by so quick... a lot of stuff to go through...
Lunched with my friend and her family, her little daughter was very cute... I spent almost the whole afternoon in their house to do some favor for them, they suggested me to get a car, to move into their district... perhaps the suggestion were good, it would be very convenient to have a car, and the air pollution isn't bad there, hmmn ... maybe I would get myself a car, but I think I won't move there. Because if I really want to move, there would be many better choices at some other places.

[ For forty years, I was angry with that generation; I said, "They are a people whose hearts go astray, and they have not known my ways."
So I declared on oath in my anger, "They shall never enter my rest." ] (Psalm95:10-11)

Oh, God! 40 years! Can we angry somebody for 40 years? What really matter here is, it is so fearful and scaring if people "harden" their hearts, do not want to obey God's word, but go their own way, test God. And for this sake, God will pour out His anger upon them, they shall never enter His rest. The word, "shall never", sound like very cruel... is a punishment... sufferings. However, I think that is how God shows mercy and love to people...

Can't we comprehend His words? No. Perhaps, because we have gone astray.

No comments: